Friday, July 13, 2012

The journey continues


 Wow! I cannot believe how fast the past 8 months have gone!

I started this blog 2 months after my daughter was born, thinking that I'd have plenty of time to continue. She is now 10 months old and I haven't been here for most of that time.

I have thought of writing many times and God has been showing me so much but getting here, to the blog, has been hard. Okay, so not really hard...My priorities shifted.

I have fallen in love with my daughter and with being a mum. I never thought that it would happen but the moment I knew I was pregnant all of that changed.

God has blessed my husband and I with such a precious gift. God is showing me more of himself and I am getting to know Him all over again in a way I may not have, had I not become a mum (see my last post for one example). It's amazing. God is amazing.


A passage from Isaiah has continually come back to me over the past year or so when I think about all that God has done and look to what's next:

"I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters,
making a dry path through the sea...
But forget all that -
it's nothing compared to what I am going to do.
For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland...
so my chosen people can be refreshed."
(Is 43.16-20 NLT)

So, here we are. Ready to continue this conversation, this journey.

Let's see where God takes us.



No comments:

Post a Comment