Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My unbreakable lifeline

I came across these verses today:
"God can't break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable.
We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God..." (Heb 6.17-20 MSG)
Also, "The former way of doing things, a system of commandments that never worked our the way it was supposed to, was set aside; the law brought nothing to maturity. Another way - Jesus! - a way that does work, that brings us right into the presence of God, is put in its place." (Heb 7.16-19 MSG)

Wow! For me, these words are so encouraging.

I love that God's word cannot change and so I can trust him. If God says he will do something - he will do it. God's promises can be trusted because he can be trusted.

I love that we have hope, because of all that Jesus did for us on the cross, that brings us right into God's presence and we cannot be wrenched out of it. That 'lifeline' to God is unbreakable.

This means that nothing we do or don't do, if we have taken God at his word and are in a relationship with him through Jesus, can tear us out of God's presence. We cannot work our way into God's presence and we cannot work our way out of it.

Simple.

And yet, so many of us are confused or struggle with doubt. We have an enemy who loves for God's people to be paralysed by confusion, doubt or fear. Why don't we take God at his word? He cannot break it. It is unchangeable.

I have struggled with these things myself and yet today I am reminded again of truth. If God says it, it is so. That will not change. He can be trusted. He does not lie. His word is true.

No more listening to lies from the enemy. When tempted to give in to confusion, doubt or fear, I will look to Jesus. I will read and listen to God's word. I will set my heart on what is true and live from that.

I will hold on to my unbreakable lifeline that holds me steadfast in the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment