Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Our God who sings...


A few nights ago, I got up to one of my daughters in the early hours of the morning. She was upset and wanted a cuddle and asked me to sing to her.


She immediately calmed down and then asked for 'one more song'. Of course I sang. I love her.

I was then reminded of this verse in Zephaniah:

Zephaniah 3.17 (NLT)
"For the Lord your God is living among you.
    He is a mighty Saviour. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

Oh how God loves his people! God reminded me, as I held my daughter in my arms and sang to her, just how much he loves me. I know that when I have been afraid, his love has calmed my fears and it is amazing to me, that the God of the universe, my Saviour, sings over me!

He loves you too. If you are afraid, know that he is with you - and is mighty to save. He delights in you. He will calm your fears and sing joyfully over you.

Let that sink in... I know I need to sit and let this wash over me again and again so my fears fade and I can hear my God singing...


No comments:

Post a Comment